Our Privacy Statement explains what personal information we collect, how we use that information and how we keep it safe. It applies to personal data that is provided to us. We may use this personal data for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement is to be transparent about why and how we process your personal data. Click on the links to take you to the more detailed sections of this Privacy Statement.
Marktlink Mergers & Acquisitions is also referred to as “we” or “us”.
1. Collection and use of the personal information
1.1 What kind of personal data do we process?
Marktlink Mergers & Acquisitions processes your personal data because you make use of our services
and/or because you provide them to us yourself. Below you will find an overview of your personal data that we use to process:
- First and/or last name;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Date of birth and gender;
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on our website, in correspondence with us or by telephone.
Special and/or sensitive personal data
Our website and/or service has no intention of collecting personal data about website visitors under the age of 16, unless they have parental or guardian permission. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16 years of age. We encourage parents to be involved in their children’s online activities to prevent the collection of personal data about children without parental consent. If you believe that we have collected personal data about a minor without that consent, please contact us at IT@marktlink.com and we will delete that information.
1.2 On what basis and for what purpose do we process your personal data?
The law allows us to process your personal data. Based on the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”; (EU) 2016/679) there are six bases for processing personal data:
- Your consent: in some cases, we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal data, and we will only process your personal data in this way if you agree to us doing so.
- Performance of a contract: sometimes it is necessary to process your personal data to execute our obligations under a contract;
- Legal obligation: when we are required to process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation so that we are required to do so by law.
- Legitimate interest: we will process your personal data to pursue your legitimate interest;
- Vital interest: it can be necessary to process your personal data to protect vital interests. A vital interest is involved when it concerns an interest that is essential to a person’s life or health;
- General interest: it can be necessary to process your personal data to perform a task of general interest or public authority. This concerns tasks that are laid down in law.
We process your personal data for several purposes. This includes the execution of purchase and sale orders or other similar services, complying with legal duties and obligations, for sending our newsletter and/or advertising brochure and for your suitability and mutual interest in a vacancy to make an appropriate offer.
We make decisions on matters that may have (significant) consequences for individuals on automated processing. These decisions are taken by computer programs or systems, without any human being (e.g. an employee of Marktlink Mergers & Acquisitions) being involved. If you have any problems concerning this, or if you think that the decision was not made fair, see the information in 3.8 about your rights concerning automated individual decision-making.
1.3 How long do we retain your personal data?
In principle, we don’t keep your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we process the personal data. However, exceptions to the general retention periods may apply. If you exercise certain privacy rights, we may delete your personal data earlier than the general rule based on the retention policy, or keep it for longer. If you would like to know more about your privacy rights concerning the saving of your personal data, see 3.8 “Right with regard to automated individual decision-making”.
In the table below you will find for each process what the maximum retention period is for the storage of your personal data and on what basis.
2. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We only provide your personal data with third parties if:
- This is necessary for the service we offer you in which we make use of subcontractors. Subcontractors only have access to the personal data they need for their part of the service. Subcontractors are demanded by us to demain the same level of protection and confidentiality. Subcontractors are not able to use your data for their own purposes or direct marketing.
- To other third parties only with your explicit consent.
Furthermore, your personal data will not be passed on by us outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or to an international organization. Where we collect your personal data with the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- To a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- Under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors of data controllers outside the EEA.
3. Privacy rights
Based on the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”; (EU) 2016/679) you have various privacy rights. The extent to which you can exercise these rights may depend on the circumstances of the processing. To exercise these rights, please contact us. Please refer to the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
If you do not agree with our answer, you can file a complaint with the competent personal data authority of the Member State where you live.
Below we have included an overview of your privacy rights under the GDPR. For more information about your privacy rights, see Chapter III (Article 12-23) of the GDPR.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Statement. This is why the Privacy Statement could be amended from time to time, for example to bring it in line with the then applicable laws and regulations. The latest version of this Privacy Statement dates from March, 2022.
If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal data, please contact us by email at IT@marktlink.com or by phone at +31 85 0400 300. You may also use this address to communicate any concerns you may have regarding the compliance with our Privacy Statement.
Office: Marktlink Mergers & Acquisitions
Address: Wismarstraat 1
ZIP-code: 7418 BN Deventer
Country: The Netherlands